' Untouchability ' a story to try and finish it for Humanity


Some 22 years ago I was working in Dicholi Goa for Rashtriy swayamsevak sangh as  a full time worker. Dicholi is a small taluka place near Mapusa. We ran 4 new branches across Dicholi but we were not able to reach out to harijan vasti for branch as we had no worker to go there. So I decided to start a weekly program in the vasti which would include volunteers from all the town Dicholi and all people from the harijan vasti and I myself would conduct the programe every week. The decided was wednsday at 7 PM. Many people from the vasti gathered and I told them short stories of great people they really enjoyed it the number of people grew every week. But I were not happy as no volunteers from town had been present so I did not scold or say anything to them but started to call 1 volunteer every week as a speaker and this worked. Many volunteers from the town visited the vasti in such a way. 
One day the Parwar family of the vasti called me on dinner which I happily accepted as such a  cordial invitation it was. The very wednsday night I felt to be the most royal dinner of my life. I was sitted in small wooden base on ground and many special recepies wre presented in my dish. All the brothers and sisters from the family were around me asking for something or other. To add to the seen were many who pipped through the gate and windows. I was very happy and said would visit again for sure.
Only thing that I did not notice for years and now I feel it strongly  is that it was not the most royal dinner as now I remember well there was nobody sitting for dinner with me !



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

herpes treated fast by ayurveda: herpes zoster. PHN or pain after herpes. Herpes simplex well treated. genital herpes.

Dr Prasad phatak treats Nagin ya herpes by Ayurveda very fast

Psoriasis and ayurveda. eczema ayurveda twacha rog ayurveda.